If you need the professional service of an expert foundation repair company, chances are you will look for the best one that can meet all your needs and preferences. But, the question is, how can you be able to find a reliable and reputable foundation repair service provider who can be able to complete their job on a timely and affordable manner? Find out below.
In this post, we will talk about the most common problems of a home’s foundation as well as explore some of the most essential questions that you must ask from the potential foundation repair contractors prior to hiring one to repair the foundation of your house.
When Do You Need a Professional Foundation Repair?
As a matter of fact, all houses settle and adjust through time. Because of that, it’s not uncommon for your home’s foundation to come up with minor problems. The existence of minor cracks in your home’s foundation don’t actually mean that repairs are needed right away. But, when you’re in doubt, it’s really best that you ask an expert and professional contractor to make sure whether you need an immediate Enid foundation repair service or not. However, a lot of foundation repair companies out there will just gladly take your cash for seemingly unnecessary fixes. But, if you’re really experiencing the problems that we’ll list below, it’s time that you call and ask the professional help of expert, experienced and reliable foundation repair contractor in your area.
- Windows and doors are sticking shut.
- Visible cracks on your home’s outside structure and cracks in the walls of the interior.
- Gaps between caulking and doors or windows.
- Gaps between the ceiling and crown molding.
- Sinking foundation or sunken floors.
- Patios that have already pulled away from your house.
- Wallpaper wrinkles and creases.
- Nail pops – these are cracked, small circles wherein the nail pulls away from a sheetrock or drywall, exposing its head or maybe pushing away the paint that is from the wall.
- Bowed basement walls – if the basement walls of your home are bowing in, this simply means that there can be some issues in your home’s foundation that are caused by the expansion of soil. The moment the soil becomes wet, there’s a big possibility that it expands as well as pushing against its foundation, and as the soil dries, it will then pull back away from the foundation of your home. As a matter of fact, this can cause very weak areas, which will bow eventually.
- Sloping Floors – As a matter of fact, incremental drops of about one inch across the foundation in your home are not considered a really big problem. But, the moment your house slopes more than one inch every fifteen to twenty feet, then it means that you have sloping problems, which might require a professional foundation repair with the help of professional. Fortunately, there are a lot of professional, experienced and dependable foundation repair contractors nowadays that can really help you when it comes to repairing the foundation of your house.